Whether you are watching a movie at the comfort of your home, a gamer or a professional in a meeting, standard display just does not cut in anymore. For the best entertainment and display experience, you require a projector. Well, that might sound spending tons of money; you might think! However, that is further from the truth. Thanks to the new technologies. Today, you can get a 1080p projector under $500, and you will be set to go.
But, what should you be looking into when shopping for the best projector?
Key Features to look for while shopping for the best 1080p projector under $500.
Various projectors are available in the market with the cheaper ones rarely meeting the claims of their specs. Thus, it is critical to check the brightness of the projector before you walk out of the shop. When checking the brightness of a projector, you should take into consideration the white and color brightness. The brighter the room set up where the device will be used, the higher the lumen rating should be.
To get a good view of the video or display details, the projector should have high resolutions. The lower the resolution of a projector, the more pixelated your image or video will look.
The contrast ratio in a projector is what allows you to see the shadow details and deep black levels. Hence, without a good contrast ratio, you will not be able to differentiate the significance of most scenes shot in dark caves or rooms.
One shopping for a projector, you should always ensure that it’s easy to use and operate. Else, you will always struggle to get the best ratios of watching a movie. Having a remote that controls the use of the projector is very useful.
Compatibility with all video players is what you should be looking for when shopping for a projector. A good projector should have all connectivity options, which include; HDMI, USB, and VGA. Getting a projector that is Bluetooth enabled is even more advantageous especially if you are planning to play your videos from a phone or laptop.
6. Lens zoom
This is a great concern especially if you’re using a portable projector and screen. With a good lens zoom option, you do not need to adjust he distance of the system. In addition, a good zooming lens enables you to simplify the zoom in to a video.
Top 10 Best 1080p Projectors under $500:
1. Wowoto T8E Full HD Mini Portable Projector
The Wowoto T8E is a great centerpiece for home entertainment system. Whether you want to watch a movie, football or carry out a presentation on the big screen, this mini projector gives you the best view that your desire.
- The projector has an electric focus. You can adjust the image by clicking the button or using a remote control.
- It has a keystone function that allows you to adjust images manually. There’s no picture distortion even after adjustment.
- Has a DLP technology with a native resolution of 2000:1 contrast. In addition, the device is a 3D projector that supports 1080p with a maximum image size of up to 300 inches.
- Has an inbuilt android system that supports streaming of gaming’s from iOS and android platforms.
2. BenQ MH530FHD 1080P Home Theater Projector
This projector has a sleek and stylish design. With a brightness of 3600 lumens, the projector guarantees brilliant color performance making it perfect for home entertainment. Illuminate the content of the movies using a 1080p definition projector combined with a 15000:1 contrast ratio.
- ANSI brightness of 3300 lumens with 1080p full HD.
- Has 15000:1 contrast ratio that ensures that you have a razor-sharp image.
- The projector map life is up to 10,00 hours.
- Has multiple connectivities using dual HDMI, USB, VGA, AV, TV connect capability with an inbuilt speaker.
3. VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED
With an inbuilt speaker for lifelike sound, there’s no better way to watch a movie better than using this projector. In addition, it is energy efficient with versatile connection options with a portable design.
- Superior viewing experience with a native resolution of 1920*1080
- Long lasting LED lamp that can last up to 50,000 hours with a focus ring manual.
- Versatile digital connection of with two HDMI ports including premium video.
- Features 4000 lux brightness with a display of up to 300”.
4. Optoma HD143X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP
Bring the cinematic experience home with Optoma HD143X. The projector features 3000 lumen with a 1080p home theater projector that delivers extra ordinary sharp video quality that is perfect for gaming and watching movies.
- Stunning picture quality with a high contrast of 23000:1, plus a noise level of -25dB.
- Has an extended lamp experience of 12,000 hours.
- Has a flexible zoom option that allow flexible and easy installation for different spaces and screen size of up to 300”
- Flexible connectivity.
5. Epson Home Cinema 1020 Full HD
The Epson Home Cinema has a superb image quality while at the same time giving a good range of distance when delivering projection. Additionally, the projector has a keystone correction.
- The projector has a wide full HD 1080p with 300” display
- Perfect for a variety of lighting conditions. The projector has 3100 lumens of color.
- Versatile connectivity
- Innovative 3LCD technology with an amazing actions scene effects.
6. ViewSonic 1080p Projector with 3500 Lumens DLP 3D
The projector features an intuitive, yet user friendly sleek design with a white chassis. In addition, it is ideal for home entertainment with a superior color technology that provides a wide variety of color gamut.
- The projector has an exclusive color technology with great gamut for beautiful image production.
- Has a superEco mode that enables the lamp to shine brighter for up 15,000 hours.
- Low latency input that is ideal for action packed gaming. In addition, it delivers smooth images without delay.
7. AAXA P7 Mini Projector
The AAXA P7 is a solid state mini projector that delivers true native 1080p performance. In addition, it operates on both DC power and low battery. Besides, it incorporates a 4th gen DLP image featuring a full HD image viewing.
- Has a native resolution of 1080p full HD resolution.
- 600 LED brightness that is powered by RGB luminous LEDS that can achieve 120” screen resolution.
- Has an all in one portable projector that includes on board media player with a UBS and TF card slots.
- Ideal for business or home use presentation, gaming and home theater.
8. Xinda 500 Lux 1080P projector
This projector provides an extraordinary, yet sharp video quality for gaming, sports, and movies. With a 3x higher color brightness and up to 3x color gamut, this projector truly delivers an excellent viewing experience that you desire.
- Has a keystone function technology with multi inputs. You can adjust images to ensure you have clear picture that can be viewed from any angle.
- High brightness of 5000 lux with a native 1080p
- Has a strong dimensional effect and no noise with an inbuilt two 4 ohm speakers with a surround sound system.
- Provides a 3D watching experience with a screen size of 50-327”
9. HD Artlii 2019 3800 Lumen
The Artlii 600 Projector features a 3800 lumen image brightness with a natural and vivid color reproduction with a dual Hi Fi level Dolby stereo that provides high quality sound.
- Supports full HD projection that is ideal for playing games and watching movies.
- Has a low noise with high stereo. The projector has two HIFI stereo that delivers accurate and powerful sound.
- Has a large projection screen of up to 200” and long lamp life of 45,000 hours.
- Wide connection capabilities.
10. Gzunelic 4200 Lumens
The double channel technology featured in this projector provides original images in high fidelity. With 4200 lumens, you have an enhanced viewing capability.
- Provides excellent picture quality with 4200 lumens led light utilization.
- Has an extremely powerful lamp with a large caliber optical lens.
- Has a wireless mirror that allows you to miracast or airplay.
- Has multi-connection capability.
Well, there you have it. Although the list is not comprehensive, it features some of the best projectors under $500 that will give you a truly remarkable experience no matter the activity you decided to us the projector for. As a rule of thumb, when shopping for a projector you need to consider the zooming capability of the lens, brightness and contrast.