While it can be a daunting task to decide which Bass guitar is the best under $500, herein we have discussed some of the top best bass guitars you might like. It is worthy to note that bass guitars are available in every price range.
All you need is to figure out what type and style will work best for you and the type of music genre you are playing. Whether you prefer blues, jazz or rock you will always find something to match your interest or whether you are looking for a classic vibe, jazz guitar, modified bass, there is always something for you.
How to find the best Bass Guitar?
Today, the market is full with different types and models of bass guitars, however, that does not mean everything in the market is right for you. Outlined below are some the factors you should consider when shopping for a bass guitar.
Much like anything else, comfort is key. Your new acquired bass guitar should feel like an extension of your body. It is worthy to note that some bass guitars have large bodies and wider necks while others are skinnier. The neck and body style of a guitar will depend on your comfort level and what you prefer. Additionally, it is critical to find the right size and style that best suits and enhances your playing ability before you make any purchase decision.
2. Number of strings needed
Traditionally, bass guitars have four strings. However, it is becoming common for bassists to try out guitars with different strings. It is critical to note that extra strings are not necessary. You can still enjoy playing your device on a four string. Nonetheless, if you are in a heavy genre, you might benefit from having many strings.
3. Tone woods and Body style
Tone woods refer to the wood used in building the instrument. The neck, body, and fingerboard of bass guitars are made of wood. Certainly, the wood type has a direct bearing on the quality of sound.
1. Best Choice Products 22-Fret Acoustic Electric Bass Guitar
The guitar is designed to deliver high-quality music. It has an attractive and gorgeous finish. It is ideal for both professional and beginning guitarists.
- It is made of mahogany material that enhances the rich and resonant sound.
- It has an inbuilt volume control
- Comes with a four-band equalizer that allows one to adjust the bass.
- When you purchase the components are already installed, and you can use it right away.
2. Yamaha 4 string Bass Guitar
The guitar has four strings, and it is for the right-handed. It is black and can be used by both pros and beginners.
- It has a well-built body that is comfortable even when playing the guitar for many hours
- It comes with active electronics
- It has a solid mahogany body that provides the guitarists with an optimum tonal foundation.
- The mahogany construction provides an active pre-amp that is flexible to offer different tones to match with the sound of the music.
- It weighs about 12.4 pounds that make it lightweight and the guitarists do not get tired.
3. Ibanez 4 String Bass Guitar GSRM20MPL
The guitar is for right-handed people. It comes with a metallic purple design which makes it popular among many guitarists.
- It has a GSRM 4 neck. The neck is about 28.6 inches which are comfortable for all types of guitarists.
- The body is well built with a mahogany
- The length of the guitar is 39 inches, and the width is 12 inches which allow it to fit perfectly on the guitar bag.
- It weighs 8.1 pounds which makes it lightweight and convenient to carry around.
- The guitar has medium frets, and the fingerboard is made of rosewood that allows the tonal variations.
4. Ibanez Talman TMB 100
The color of the guitar is mint green which makes it very unique. It is an electric bass guitar. The guitar comes with a one year warranty.
- It has a wide chunky neck
- Comes with an attractive classic body
- Offers different tonal variations.
5. Ibanez Sunburst GSRM20BS Guitar
The guitar is quite small in size compared to other guitars in the market. It is short with a scale of 28.6 inches which makes it ideal for traveling and places with restricted spaces. It is designed for right-handed guitarists with smaller hands including children.
- It has a slim neck
- It has a lightweight body of 6.9 pounds
- The dimensions of this guitar are 39 by 11.5 by 2.3 inches
6. Squier by Fender Vintage Modified Jaguar
It is a special short scale guitar. It has a vintage and a classic look that makes it very attractive. It is perfect for guitarists that want a short scale guitar that has a high tone, comfort, and smooth playability.
- Short scale length of 30 inches
- Has a 20 fret fingerboard made of rosewood.
- Has volume control knobs
- Comes with a one year warranty
7. Ibanez GSRM 4 String Guitar
The guitar is black. It has a solid mahogany body, and it is designed for right-handed guitarists.
- The dimensions of this guitar are 46 by three by 13 inches.
- The weight is 6.8 pounds
- It has a GSRM 4 neck of 28.6 inches
- Medium frets
8. Ibanez GSR200SMNGT 4 String Bass Guitar
The guitar is available in grey, and it is designed for right-handed. It is more affordable, compared to other models in the market.
- Has a GSR4 Maple neck
- Has a mahogany fret board
- Rosewood frets
- The total number of frets is 22.
9. Yamaha 4 String Guitar TRBX304 PWT
It is a four string guitar designed for right-handed. It comes in pewter which makes it unique and attractive.
- Has a comfortable mahogany body
- Provided optimum tonal variations
- Comes with active electronics that are already assembled.
10. Ibanez 5 String Guitar GSR205SMNGT
The guitar is grey. It has a solid body with a maple top. It is mostly used by right-handed guitarists.
- Slim maple neck
- Has a lightweight body of 8 pounds
- Comes with active equalizers
Getting a bass guitar under $500 is easy, however, there are different models to choose from and a number of Features to consider before you make a purchase. The bass guitars discussed above are probably the best that you can get in the market without compromising on the quality of sound.