Whether you are a welder or someone who gets involved in a lot of metalworking projects, you will agree with me that one of the most useful and versatile tools that make your metalworking projects easy and enjoyable is a welder. While welders are of different types and models, a Mig welder is a perfect option for professional welders, hobbyists, and beginners alike.
These welders are easy to use, they do not result in the need for cleanups, they are portable, easy to set up and maintain, while they also let you benefit from a higher rate of productivity within a short time. Having in mind that picking the wrong model can result in undesirable user experience, today, I will help you identify the right Mig welders to buy. Keep reading and get an idea of the best Mig welders under $500 and how to choose the best MIG welder.
1. Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V
The perfect combination of strength and performance is the Hobart 500559 MIG Welder. Whether you want to work on an auto body, heavier projects requiring extra welding power or household repairs, you can be sure that this welder will be up to such tasks. The welder operates on 155-Volts household current.
It features a 5-position voltage control which enhances a stable and smooth, arc in different welding thicknesses. The welder measures 19 x 11 x 13 inches and weighs 57lbs so that you can take it with you wherever the welding projects need you.
- Industrial aluminum cast drive system enhances durability.
- Durable feed head features a quick-release drive roll lever to enhance fast results.
- Dual-groove, quick-change drive roll enhances hassle-free roll changes.
- Welds 24gauge to 1/4“mild steel.
2. Super Deal PRO Commercial MIG 130 AC Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welder Welding Machine w/Free Mask 110V
Tackle your welding projects with ease and confidence once you adopt the Super Deal PRO Commercial Welding Machine. The machine features a high-class PVC and delicate treatment. Further, it integrates a comfortable grip to enhance comfort during projects that take a lot of time.
The welder uses a corded wire self-release metal inert while welding which helps to prevent oxidation of the welded part. It comes with a protective mask, 0.9mm reel, 2.5M torch, ground cord, 0.55lbs welding wire, brush/chipping hammer, and two extra tips so that you can use it right out of the box.
- Four buttons make it easy to adjust the current flow.
- Wire feeding speed adjusts rotary knob allows you to choose the ideal wire feeding speed.
- On/Off safety control guarantees safety.
- Lightweight design at only 38lbs enhances portability.
3. Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine w/Free Mask
If your definition of the best MIG welder lies on a welder that is both compact and lightweight, then you have the Goplus MIG 130 Welder for your taking. Featuring a product size of 14 x 8 x 12 inches and 35-pound weight, the welder is lightweight allowing you to take it wherever your welding projects require it. Other than that, it features a durable design.
The reason is its heavy-duty stainless steel body painted using durable yellow paint to ensure long-lasting performance. Goplus MIG 130 Welder features a metal tip that uses a Flux-Cored wire and self-release metal-inert gas to prevent oxidation of the welded part. The welder comes with a 0.55lbs welding wire, 0.9mm reel, a brush/chipping hammer, and a protective mask so that you can use it as soon as it arrives.
- Two air vents enhance even heat dissipation.
- Carrying handle enhances portability.
- Four buttons facilitate the adjustment of the current flow.
- Wire feeding Speed rotary knob allows you to select your preferred wire feeding speed.
4. Lincoln Electric K2185-1 Handy MIG Welder
A perfect MIG welder for home repairs and hobbyist projects is the Lincoln Electric K2185-1 MIG Welder. The welder features a compact size at only 18 x 10.3 x 16.8 inches and lightweight construction at 26pounds. It plugs into a 115volts 20amps outlet and features a user-friendly design which makes it convenient for use by most welders. The welding machine accommodates four voltage settings and allows for continuous wire feed adjustment making it suitable for welding 24 gauge to 1/8” thick mild steel.
It comes with everything that is needed to help you get started, among these a spool of solid wire, work cable/clamp, gas regulator/hose, gas nozzle, hand shield with a filter plate, lens, and contact tips.
- Cold contactor safety feature maintains welding wire in a cold state until the gun trigger is pressed
- Adjustable wire feed speed control lets you weld steel of different thickness.
5. Goplus MIG 130 Welder AC Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welder Welding Machine w/Free Mask Commercial (Black)
Obtain a professional welding finish with this mini-size and practical welder from Goplus. Compact and lightweight, this is one of the best MIG welders under $500 for anyone in need of a welder that is portable and easy to store. Adding to that, the welder features durable construction. The reason is the heavy-duty stainless steel body that features durable yellow paint.
You can get the welder with an assurance that it will let you deliver professional results since its metal tip uses Flux-Cored wire and self-release metal-inert gas that prevents oxidation of the welded part. Further, the welder allows you to weld wires of different sizes due to the four buttons for Min/Max, 1/2 that let you adjust the level of the current flow.
- Wire feeding speed-adjustment rotary knob allows you to select the feeding speed of your choice.
- Two air vents assist in heat dissipation.
- Welding gun includes an on/off safety control.
- Carrying handle enhances portability.
6. Forney Easy Weld 29901 125 FC MIG Welder Start-Up Kit
A perfect MIG welder for DIYers and welding hobbyists is the Forney Easy Weld MIG Welder. The welder comes with everything that is required to get you started. Because of this, you can begin to weld as you as you get the package. Forney Easy Weld requires a 120volts 125Amp power supply. The welder measures 24.6″ x 12.6″ x 18.5″ and weighs 32.6lbs. Once you get it, you can be sure to have received a welder that is easy to use, thanks to the fact that it doesn’t require gas when operating.
- Welder package includes welding gloves, helmet, and welding wire.
- It welds 24gauge to 1/4″ wire.
7. SUNGOLDPOWER MIG 150A Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding AC Welder Gasless Machine Free Mask NO Gas
Are you in search of a versatile welder designed to let you handle different welding projects? If that is it, you should adopt the Sungoldpower MIG 150A Welder. The welder is designed to weld iron, mild steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, among other metals. It features a torch with full on/off safety control making it safe to use. The welder comes with a range of supplies including a face mask, replacement contact tips, wire brush/hammer, welding torch, earth clamp, and a 1lbs welding wire spool so that you can use it as soon as it arrives.
- Gasless operation design makes the welder easy to use and suitable for outdoor welding projects.
- Automatic thermal protection feature guarantees safety.
- Feed speed control and four adjustable heat settings make it suitable for welding different wire sizes.
8. Goplus 250 AMP MMA Welder ARC Welding Machine 110V/ 220V Soldering Accessories Tools
Benefit from a perfect welding experience when welding stainless steel or mild steel with the Goplus 250 AMP MMA Welder. The machine features a detailed treatment which makes it highly practical and efficient. It works on a 110V or 220V power outlet making it suitable for home and professional use. The welder features a compact and lightweight design to enhance portability and ease of storage. Further, it includes two carrying handles to facilitate portability. The welder is easy to move due to the included wheels. Once you get it, you can expect to receive a wire brush, copper electrode holder, welding face shield and a ground clamp to eliminate the hassle for getting the accompanying supplies separately.
- Built-in fan enhances even heat dissipation.
- Thermal overload protection ensures safety.
- Heavy-duty stainless steel body features yellow paint to enhance durability
9. Genuine store MIG-130 Gas Welding Machine, 110v Professional Electric Gas Welding Machine MIG DIY Home Welder with Free Welder Helmet
Whether you need the best MIG welder under $500 for use by professionals or beginners, you can be sure that the Genuine store MIG-130 Gas Welding Machine is a perfect choice. The welder is made of heavy-duty stainless steel featuring durable black/red paints to enhance durability. It utilizes the latest MIG technology which makes it perfect for all-position welding. The welder includes overcurrent, overheat, and overload protecting functions to enhance safety. It features a compact and lightweight design to enhance ease of storage and carrying. Further, it includes carrying handles to facilitate portability.
- On/off control of the welding gun guarantees safety.
- Two air vents enhance heat dissipation.
- 10 wire feeding speeds enhance easy customization.
- Wire feeding speed-adjustment rotary knob enhances easy and precise speed adjustments.
10. ZENY Pro MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine Heavy Duty w/Free Mask (MIG130)
Handle different welding projects that come along your way with Zeny’s Pro MIG 130 Welder. Made using high-class PVC and delicate treatment, this is a durable MIG welder designed to deliver accurate results. Adding to that, the welder integrates a comfortable grip which makes it suitable for handling projects that demand a lot of time with assurance of comfort. The welder is suitable for use with mild steel or stainless steel.
It comes with different supplies including a welding spool wire, ground cord, chipping hammer/wire brush, welding face mask, extra tips, and a 2.5M torch to enhance the convenience and the best value for money.
- Adjustable heat settings allow you to customize the heat levels to enhance versatility.
- Gas-less operating design enhances ease of use and setup.
- Variable feed speed control enhances allows you to control the speed.
How to choose the best MIG welder
How much power do you need to deliver high-quality welding results? Basic MIG welders run at 155volts. Although these welders are suitable for home projects, you can not use them with projects that demand more power. So, if you are looking for a welder that is designed to handle a wide range of projects, you might want to get one that operates at a 120Volts or 230Volts outlet. That way, all that will be required of you is to switch to a high or low voltage plug depending on the type of welding project.
The best MIG welding machine must feature a design that assures you that it is safe to use. What do I mean by this? Get a welder that incorporates various safety features such as thermal overload protection. This feature enables the welder to heat for about 10minutes and cool off before letting you weld again. That way, the welder doesn’t overheat which makes it last for long.
How do you intend to use the MIG welding machine? Will you be carrying it to the welding shop or do you intend to be using it as a stationary model? If you intend to get a welder that is suitable for use in a mobile workstation, get a lightweight and compact machine. On the other hand, if the welder will be a stationary model, then you do not need to consider the size and weight since you can go for bigger.
Although most welders can work with commonly welded metals such as aluminum and mild steel, you might want to get a welder that is highly versatile; that is, a welder designed to work with a range of metals. In this regard, determine the reason for buying the welder and how likely you will use it on a range of projects and choose a MIG welder that is designed to work with the size of metal you will be welding.
Finally, do not forget about the strength of the MIG welder. In this regard, get a welder that is made using durable metals such as stainless steel. Also, ensure that the metal is protected with durable paint since this enables it to last longer.
Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) or rather, Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding is a popular welding method for professional welders and DIYers. If you want to join other welders in this welding technique, then you must invest in a high-quality MIG welder.
While most Mig welders are availed at high prices, you can still locate an affordable welder such as the best Mig welders under $500 as reviewed above. So, give a try to the welder that seems to fit your needs and be sure to benefit from a great welding experience.